Killini is resort and port of Ileia, an ex-independed town and nowadays it belongs to the municipality of Kastron-Killini.Killini is also famous for the thermal springs . During the occupation of the area by the Francs, Glarentza was close to Kilini and it was the capital of the Princedom of Achaia.
Killini had been populated since the Stone Age, and the first written testimony for this was made by Homer. Accordind to Pausanias Killini was fouded by Arcadians emigrated in the area of Killini mountain. In 1204 the Francs, rebuilt the ancient harbour and made a new town, Glarentza, where the coin of tornezio was cut.Glarentza was a very developed place, one of the most important Mediteranean ports.
In 1432 it was demolished by Contantine Paleologos, the last Vyzantine emperor, to face the pirated.
Then it was inhabited by people from the Iomian villages and later on by people from Asia Minor.